It can be confusing, even frustrating if you do not feel that the life that lies before you is the one you wish to live.
When you see your peers, apparently happy living the “expected” life, it is easy to question your self-doubts and feel alone in questioning whether your life is everything it could be.
But you are not alone. There are many others like you, who are in some kind of a transition, and are questioning their sense of self and future direction. Below are some examples of the questions being asked.
- Is this all there is to my life? Is there something next, an experience that is more satisfying than what I’m doing now?
- Should I be feeling more fulfilled than I am now? My peers seem happy doing the same thing…is it strange that I’m not?
- Why can’t I find exactly what it is that will make me happy? How will I ever get there?
- Why am I having trouble articulating how I feel about a major life change, like retirement…selling my business…having my kids move out?
If you’ve found yourself pondering these things, Shaping Purpose can help you explore, identify, plan and achieve your best life.
Frequently Asked Questions about Shaping Purpose
Who is the Shaping Purpose program designed for?
Shaping Purpose is designed for anyone who is going through – or potentially ready for – a transition in life. Candidates include:
- Retirees and/or people preparing for retirement
- People considering a career change at any age
- People considering going back to school
- Military personnel transitioning back to civilian life
- Athletes transitioning out of professional sports
- People who have experienced a major life change (e.g. children moving out, recovery from illness, death of a loved one, job loss, etc.)
What are the program components?
The program begins with an intense foundation session delivered over three consecutive days, in a retreat-like setting with a group of up to 21 people. Locations will vary. This session involves facilitation, group discussion, models and tools to help you effectively gather information for the next steps.
This intensive session is followed by additional sessions that focus on your specific areas of interest. Please see Our Approach for more detail.
If you would like us to consider tailoring our approach to a specific group or need, please contact us.
What are the specific outcomes?
In Part 1, Shaping Purpose will guide you to explore what gives you purpose, create a personal vision and formulate a plan that will deliver tangible outcomes. In Part 2, you will have the opportunity to delve into specific topics of interest to help you realize your plan. These sessions will be tailored to your specific needs and are led by subject matter experts.
What is the pricing involved for the program?
Costs will vary depending on your individual requirements. For a customized quote, please contact us.