If at any time you feel you need emotional help, please call a helpline in your area.
Canada: National Crisis Line https://yourlifecounts.org/find-help/
Canada: Crisis Services Canada Connect with someone now by phone Toll free 1-833-456-4566
USA: National Hopeline Helpline 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-784-2433
USA: Vet2Vet Veteran’s Crisis line 1-877-VET-2-VET or 1-877-838-2838
USA: Veteran’s Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255
How the Course Works
The course map on each page indicates where you are on any day in the course.
You will be getting an email every day, with the current topic, and a link to the course.
- Select the link in the email to be automatically logged in to the course and taken to the current page
- One new lesson will be revealed each day
You can expect to spend 20 minutes each day.
Warm Up Exercise
There is a series of questions below to help you walk through the different categories of your life, and determine which areas are Joyful, and which are depleting. The idea is to become a “detached observer”—step back and answer the questions objectively. Be honest, and understand that identifying the joyful and depleting areas of your life will help you make decisions as you work through the course.
Then, download the Detached Observer PDF
- Right-click on the link.
- Select “Save Target As” or “Save Link As.”
- Save the document to your computer, we suggest you save it to a folder on your desktop for quick access.
- To open the file, double-click it.
- Refer to the instructions if you don’t have Adobe Acrobat Installed.
All the PDF’s for this course are “fillable”, you can type right in the file on your screen. Of course, if you prefer, you can print the PDFs and fill them in by hand.
Using Andrew’s examples as a guide, open the Detached Observer file, and fill in as many boxes as are applicable to you. Keep this file handy, as we will be using it throughout the challenge.